Tuesday 14 September 2021

Gothic Lilies



Gothic Lilies 

If Persephone can be both 

The queen of hell and goddess of spring 

Why can't I have a heart of flowers and a little bit of ruin 

I can love people while still being malicious to some 

Its always only goth or cottage core 

Why not both 

I would like to walk with my lover under a glittery night sky 

With a lily tucked behind my ear and hands holding tight 

Not in a park or a beach 

But in a castle abandoned and forgotten 

Somedays I like Hozier, the others I jam to Gothic rock  

Somedays I put on gloss and add freckles, the others I do a graphic black liner 

I wanna walk in the park in afternoon 

When the resplendent sunlight casts shadows of my friends and I 

Clad in dresses and skirts 

Beautified by patterns of roses and butterflies 

Wearing scents of lavender and vanilla 

Some nights I wanna watch a horror film under the moonlight with my best friend

 And perform magical rituals after 

It's a good thing both have an affinity for art 

                                       -Priyanshi Shahi 

Instagram: @priyxnshii.xo 

2 comments:

Moonless Spring

  It was good while it lasted  However baneful it was  However deranged I was  However untrue you were  Still you were my salvation  You too...