Monday 20 September 2021

How I met my Best Friend...Again

 



I was in 3rd grade when my frenemy left our school. I didn’t really care much since I always thought of her to be someone with an unnecessary attitude. I didn’t hate her but I wasn’t very close to her either. We had the same friend group and she was my least favorite for reasons I cannot recall. I remember sharing my apples with her because I didn’t like them. But she loved them. She wore her hair braided and pushed back. I met her mom once, the sweetest woman ever, a year or so after she left.

  Cut to 6 years later, in 9th grade, I am sitting in my class and during attendance, I hear the teacher call out the name Priyanka Sanil. I thought what are the odds that she is the same person from my childhood. By that time obviously, I didn’t despise her as I did back then. I also couldn’t recall her surname. For a few months, her name was on the list but she didn’t show up. Every time the teacher called her name, she would pop into my mind. One fine day I walk into class to find a new girl sitting on my bench with her hair braided and pushed back. I found her to be quite familiar but couldn’t figure out who she was. I went and took a seat next to her and we introduced ourselves. 10 minutes later she asks me whether a girl was still in the same school or not. Now, this girl was one of the members of our group 6 years ago. I said yes, she still studied here. 2 minutes later I say to her “I think I know you”, she said I looked familiar to her too [ turns out she was bluffing, she couldn’t remember anything about me except my name and felt bad to say this to my face]. She said she used to be in this school and it dawned on me that she was in fact the same person I used to share my apples with. We both SQUEALED at this revelation. What made this crazy was that my bench partner seldom remained absent. Priyanka’s time of arrival couldn’t be more perfect.

It’s been 4 years since then and we are best friends now. Back then I didn’t know she would become a person with such paramount importance in my life. We are so similar yet so different. I couldn’t ask for a better best friend.

This is how I met my best friend. We like to call our reunion a twist of fate.

Also shoutout to her for designing my posters.

Instagram: @priyxnshii.xo 

Until next time, 
Cheerio!

6 comments:

Moonless Spring

  It was good while it lasted  However baneful it was  However deranged I was  However untrue you were  Still you were my salvation  You too...