Monday 6 September 2021

How I started reading

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world their own shame"

                                             -Oscar Wilde

 I have been into reading since time immemorial. As a kid, I would pick up anything with words on it and start reading it. At the age of 9, I was gifted a book of short stories by my cousin, that he picked from his own shelf, which is one of the most heartwarming gestures for me. I would always finish reading the stories of my English textbook the day I got my hands on them.

Initially, I was repulsed by the idea of reading novels because I thought them to be too far-reaching and complex. But in 9th grade I was introduced to The Twilight Saga by my friend who wouldn’t shut up about it. Unhesitatingly, I bought the whole series the same day and that enamoured me to novels.

Reading is my form of escapism from my tedious and monotonous life. Books are of paramount importance to me. They helped me withstand 2020 without going insane. They take me to wonderful places without me having to get up. Once in 10th Grade, my mom half-burnt a book because I wouldn’t stop reading it. I now laugh at it but back then I was reduced to tears.

Some of my favourites would be Percy Jackson and the Olympians without a doubt, A Court of Thorns and Roses, Throne of Glass and the list goes on.

Let me know what kind of books you prefer!

This is my Instagram

Until next time,

 Cheerio!


2 comments:

Moonless Spring

  It was good while it lasted  However baneful it was  However deranged I was  However untrue you were  Still you were my salvation  You too...